Home About Secured by Design Research Newsletter Contact Us Police Login

Advice for home owners on purchasing security systems

For advice on buying a security system for your home visit our Home Security Alarms page in our burglary prevention pages.

If you already have a security system and have an enquiry regarding police response or status of your system, contact your local force on 101 and ask for the alarms administrator. It will help the administrator if you have your Unique Reference Number (URN) available for your system.

If you have a complaint against your Security System Company contact their Independent Inspectorate body which can be found on your installation certificate. There are two security systems inspectorate bodies

NSI (National Security Inspectorate)
SSAIB (Security Systems & Alarm Inspection Board)

Independent Inspectorates are not-for-profit approval bodies who carry out inspection services for the security industry and protect customer interests. They themselves are governed by UKAS (United Kingdom Accreditation Service), the sole accreditation service recognised by the Government.


Copyright Statement        Privacy Policy        Legal Disclaimer        Site Map        FAQ        Designing out Crime


This site uses cookies to help us keep the site relevant and to make your experience better.
To comply with recent EU legislation we need to ask your consent in using these cookies on your computer.
For information as to exactly how we use cookies on this site please read our privacy policy.